Monday, July 6, 2009

crafts and cruising

i have no roommates in this 4 bedroom walters house, and i am officially lonely! last night i realized i had to shorten my dress pants (even though they are already "short"). i had the dinner table all to myself, and i was feeling especially crafty! i spread out my bath towel on the table, got out my iron, some safety pins, and my sewing kit. my hemming looks not too shabby if i do say so myself! first time i've ever hemmed too! i have another pair to do, but i'll probably do it tomorrow night. tonight i am pooped, because i just got back from a...

25 mile bike ride! i biked on the willard munger state trail, from mercy hospital in moose lake to mahtowa (a tiny town, literally 4 square blocks big) and turned back. on the way, i almost biked over a very slithery snake! and there is all sorts of mini-roadkill on the trail. from mahtowa it is another 26 miles to duluth. alternatively, the trail goes as far south as hinckley, 38 miles from moose lake.

No comments: